01286 671027 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Civil Engineer North Wales
Senior Civil Engineer –– (Chartered/near Chartered) North Wales
(part-time/hybrid patterns may be available)
In range of £40,000 – 50,000 depending on experience
Full-time 37.5 hours a week
Datrys is a friendly, forward thinking and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. We are a well- established, growing independent business with expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services. Datrys has ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.
To sustain our increasing workload, we would like to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Civil Engineer for our Civils team (part-time/hybrid/ working will be considered) and contribute to the delivery of our Business Plan targets.
We are looking for the right person to make the most of the opportunities for further responsibility in this role for commercial, client and staff management as well as ongoing technical development and so make a real contribution to developing the business. This is a great opportunity for a chartered/near chartered civil engineer with significant experience (a minimum of 5 years’ postgraduate working in an engineering consultancy environment) to take their career to the next stage and build up the Civils Team.
As a Senior Engineer you will be chartered or near chartered. Taking responsibility is a given and you will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects and deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. This is a hands-on role seeing a project through from start to finish. There is the potential for developing on the client management, commercial and marketing side of the business.
Key duties will include:
- Project management to include preparing quotations, invoicing and responsibility for the commercial success of projects
- Communicating directly with clients, developing client briefs & attending project meetings
- Management of production of technical documents by other team members
- Developing schemes and proposing engineering solutions for projects
- Verifying design calculations and drawings done by other engineers and technicians
- Mentoring, developing and managing staff
- Producing concise technical reports in line with clients’ expectations
- Visits to site to represent the company and carry out investigations and monitor construction
- Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications.
Skills & Experience
- A (near) chartered civil engineer
- a degree/MEng in Civil Engineering or a related field
- technical design excellence and detailed understanding of relevant approvals processes for highways and drainage design/adoption, including SuDS
- up to date knowledge of current Design Standards, Building Regulations, and Health and Safety and be familiar with SuDS and Statutory Consents.
- ideally, you will have experience of CESMM and NEC
- at least five years’ experience of working in a UK engineering consultancy
- excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports
- experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians or a strong interest in developing in this area
- You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
- Planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- Flexible to the needs of the business, and clients’ changing requirements
- Dedicated to the delivery of projects and the development of the team and business as a whole
- Committed to working collaboratively and to contributing actively to leading and developing team members.
In return, we offer the following
- A competitive salary
- Holidays – starting at 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- An interesting and varied workload
- A supportive and friendly team
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Significant opportunities to develop and apply commercial, marketing and management skills
- Professional membership fees will be paid by the Company
- Parking permit
- Gateway Rewards Package
Datrys is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitable candidates including those looking for flexible working options.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and what you will bring to Datrys, by email to email@example.com.