Structural CAD Technician (Experienced/Senior)
North Wales (Mold or Caernarfon)
hybrid working or part-time working patterns may be available.
In range of £25,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
Full-time 37.5 hours a week
Datrys is a friendly, forward thinking and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. We are a well- established, growing independent business with expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services. Datrys has ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.
We are looking for the right person to build-on their existing knowledge of structural engineering work in AutoCAD and Revit to provide a key technical contribution to our design teams.
This is a great opportunity for an Experienced/Senior Structural Technician to work on a varied range of projects and deliver an effective and professional service to our clients and contribute to the delivery of our Business Plan.
Datrys is the perfect sized company to progress quickly. We have structured CPD paths in place and offer excellent ‘hands-on’ ongoing training and mentoring with significant opportunities for career development. You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control of and driving your own career.
You will work as part of a design team delivering detailed design and providing information and engineering technical support for projects.
Key duties will include:
- Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief.
- Preparation of models and drawings and management and checking of those prepared by the team members.
- Liaise with external design team members, clients, contractors and other third parties.
- Undertake site inspections and prepare reports to record observations.
- Mentor and develop Technicians and Graduate Engineers
- Develop the BIM capability of the Company and use of Revit.
- Represent the Company and act as Project Manager on specific projects.
We encourage our staff to demonstrate a passion for design, drive and motivation, an interest and a willingness to learn, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. You’ll be a professional and friendly team player who is keen to make a positive contribution to the work environment. As a key member of the team, you’ll be motivated to and capable of leading/supporting other team members.
- Will have an HNC /equivalent in Construction and the Built Environment/Civil Engineering
- Will have a minimum of three years’ experience as a Structural Technician
- Will have solid CAD skills (some up to the latest AutoCAD version)
- You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- The ability to use Civils 3D and Revit; for the Senior role you will be expected to assist on rolling out Revit across the Company.
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Understand the needs of clients
- Pay close attention to detail
- Adept at learning and using new software.
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Quick & methodical
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure when up against deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for a career in construction
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and clients’ changing requirements
- Commitment to working collaboratively and to contributing actively as a team member.
In return, we offer the following
- A competitive salary
- Holidays – starting at 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- An interesting and varied workload
- A supportive and friendly team
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Professional membership fees will be paid by the Company and you will be encouraged to participate in the company’s ICE training scheme
- Relocation package maybe available
- Opportunities for training and development
- Free Car Parking.
Datrys is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and what you will bring to Datrys, by email to email@example.com. Further information about Datrys is available on our website: www.datrys.net/