Civil Engineer (Graduate with experience) –– North Wales (Mold or Caernarfon)
hybrid working or part-time working patterns may be available.
In range of £28,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
Full-time 37.5 hours a week
Datrys is a friendly, forward thinking and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. We are a well- established, growing independent business with expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services. Datrys has ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.
To sustain our increasing workload, we would like to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Graduate Civil Engineer with experience. to contribute to the delivery of our Business Plan targets.
This is a great opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer with experience of working in an engineering consultancy environment to grow and develop their career. You may be a graduate with some post-graduate experience who will undertake detailed design, calculations and management for a variety of engineering projects. Or, you may have more experience (4 – 5 years) and also are currently involved with the client management/commercial side of the business or have a strong desire to do so.
Datrys is the perfect sized company for an engineer to progress quickly. We have structured CPD paths in place and offer excellent ‘hands-on’ ongoing training and mentoring with significant opportunities for career development. You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control of and driving your own career.
You will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. This is a hands-on role seeing a project through from start to finish.
Key duties will include:
- Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications
- Management of production of technical documents by other team members
- Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers and technicians
- Visits to site to carry out investigations and to monitor construction
- Communicating directly with clients, developing client briefs & attending project meetings.
- Delivering concise technical reports in line with customers’ expectations.
We encourage our staff to demonstrate a passion for design, drive and motivation, an interest and a willingness to learn, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. You’ll be a team player with good interpersonal skills who is keen to make a positive contribution to the work environment. As a key member of the design team, you’ll be motivated to and capable of leading/supporting other team members.
- Will have a degree/M Eng in Civil Engineering (preference to a minimum standard of 2.1 B Eng (Hons) ), or a similar field
- Will have a good understanding of mathematics and physics
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports.
- Will have, at least, two years’ experience of working in a UK engineering consultancy or contractor
- Will have experience of designing drainage, highways and earthworks Will enjoy the design process and will have up to date knowledge of current UK Codes of Practice, Design Standards, Building Regulations, and Health and Safety and be familiar with SUDS and Statutory Consents.
- You may have experience of CESMM and NEC
- You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence
- Strong numeracy skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Clear and professional communication skills
- Understand the needs of clients
- Pay close attention to detail
- Adept at learning and using new software
- The ability to use AutoCAD and Civils 3-D
- Knowledge of drainage network modelling (e.g., with Causeway Flow)
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for a career in construction
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and clients’ changing requirements
- Commitment to working collaboratively and to contributing actively as a design team member.
In return, we offer the following
- A competitive salary
- Holidays – starting at 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- An interesting and varied workload
- A supportive and friendly team
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Support towards attaining Chartership (professional membership fees will be paid by the Company) and you will be encouraged to participate in the company’s ICE training scheme and other career development opportunities
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Free Car Parking.
- Gateway Rewards Package
Datrys is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and what you will bring to Datrys, by email to email@example.com.