Upgrading of infrastructure in Portmeirion village
This project involved the upgrading of the infrastructure in the world-renowned village of Portmeirion including the drainage, electrical supply, lighting and retaining walls.
- Project: Portmeirion infrastructure
- Client: Portmeirion
- Location: North Wales
Portmeirion was created by the architect Clough Williams-Ellis from 1925 to 1976. The name Portmeirion comes from ‘Port’ to put it on the coast and ‘Meirion’ the correct spelling of Meirioneth, the county in which it is located.
Today Portmeirion is one of Wales’ premier visitor attractions, welcoming around 225,000 visitors every year.